I Been To Your House An' Seen What You Adore

6.03.2008

Europe

This tour has been such an interesting experience. We are all tired (somehow -- despite a nice break beforehand), and although we know it is a privilege to be here, to be with bands that are more successful over here than we are, and to see some new cities for the first time, there is still a shadow, it seems, hanging over the whole trip. i honestly would much rather just be at home right now, and have felt that way basically the entire time (with the exception of the 5 days in amsterdam, germany and paris). i miss jaffrey, and i really am anxious to start really working on the new album. it feels like i have had over 30 songs ready to be worked on for months now, but nowhere to go with them. david is a lovesick puppy with a new girlfriend, which isn't a bad thing, but he has been basically out of it all the time.

i sound like i am complaining, probably because i am. i know i am fortunate, and will cherish these experiences for the rest of my life. my prayer, i guess, is that i can keep that in mind and not be distracted by my own trivial wishes. maybe this will make the album better somehow as well. =)

dan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I would think that just the travel, time changes and physical adjustments would lend one to feeling tired even if they started out rested. I imagine if I were to vacation there even, I might enjoy elements of the trip, but still feel like I needed another vacation to recover. You guys travel a lot, and it takes a toll. I imagine it is easy to get homesick. There's no place like home. Still I hope there will be lots of good memories there. Look for them.

I have a feeling the best music is yet to come. :)

God's blessings, Melanie

1:46 PM  
Blogger jeremiah said...

this will FOR SURE impact the new album, thats a great insight to have in the midst of the unexpected emotions/situations/fatigue.
hurry home bro!

7:50 PM  
Blogger j a f f r e y said...

i'm sure there will be good things to come to the album because of the trip...as well as good things to come of your relationship with the boys. i am seriously so excited for you guys to start working on the songs. it will be good for a change of scenery-not the literal kind. new material. new location. new struggles. new strengths.
i love you and miss you.
get back to my time zone.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home