I Been To Your House An' Seen What You Adore

12.03.2007

Bands give bad advice.

Before coming to the glorious UK, I was given some less-than-glorious advice from a few people. Most of it has proven false. Some examples:

-Only the Italian food is good. Truth: not so! Indian is excellent, and most of the traditional English fare is quite tasty, provided you don't eat at disreputable establishments.
-Bring warm clothes, it's freezing! Truth: it was colder in Chicago. I wasted $60 on thermals and wool socks.
-It's boring. Truth: YOU'RE boring.

I've had a great time so far: discovered many great food and beer items that I'd never tried, and seen some amazing (read: OLD) buildings and sights. It's very green here, and in general the people are very nice. I am a big fan of Say Anything AND Hellogoodbye, so that is fun as well. Can't wait to come back.

Cheers, Mate!
Dan

4 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

That's great that you're having a good time! :)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

i had assumed you weren't blogging anymore.

i was wrong.

florence incredible again?

4:48 PM  
Blogger anepiclife said...

dude. my advice would have been, "drink as much good beer as you can, take notes and tell me about them". would that have been bad advice? hope your well dan. have a great christmas

9:58 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I guess cold is relative. The people who were cold probably were from San Diego or Phoenix or something? ;) I might want to borrow the thermals.. supposed to be 20 deg. high on Wed. here. Ugh!
I'm sure you'll find a use for them.

Glad you had a good time. I'd love to visit there sometime. The old buildings would be cool to see, and some of the scenery as well. There's a lot of history there. I almost had a chance to go to Belgium a couple years ago, but it fell through. I was hoping to check out the UK in the process. C'est la vie.

Glad to hear that you had a good time. :) Hellogoodbye is crazy onstage. LOL I have a pic of the drummer wearing a chicken head from Warped Tour.

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home