I Been To Your House An' Seen What You Adore

5.11.2006

More Important Than Music blog is up!

Awhile back on tour, I was talking and riding with The Fold one night, and we began talking about what we could do as independent, touring musicians to really make a difference in the world. We came up with one good idea, and this was it: start a web community where people in bands can post things that are important to them, and the fans of those bands can be encouraged to think about those things as well. The product of that conversation is More Important Than Music, a blog that does just that.

Here it is!

It is still in the baby stages, very few posts (just me and Dan from This Providence so far), but it is a start. And I hope it can turn into something that really makes a difference.

If you share my heart for this stuff and want to support the project, you can throw a banner on your Myspace page, blog, or website.

Click here for More Important Than Music banners!

This is not about me, not about Sherwood, not about any of the bands. This is about raising awareness for important issues in a scene that seems to my eyes to be pretty self-focused and naive. Maybe that is what rock and roll should be, but if it is, then I don't want to be rock and roll. I want to make a difference, and I CAN make a difference, and SO CAN YOU.

Some things really are more important than music. =)

With a fire in my belly,
Dan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's incredibly amazing that you are doing that. I read the part about domestic abuse and it really made me realize that I was not alone, and that other people do really care. I think all bands should let their fans know that they care about more things, and issues than just music. It's an excellent way to grab a teens attention.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home