I Been To Your House An' Seen What You Adore

2.11.2007

practice makes perfect.

we are in yuba city, ca, at joe's house, practicing for the upcoming tour with relient k and mae. this tour is going to be ridiculous -- in a good way. i can't wait. but i have never been much a fan of actually practicing. =) i think that in sherwood, we have always put a higher premium on work than on practice. we are attempting to change this now, but of course, change is hard, and comes slowly. it's like learning to farm and expecting your artichokes to pop out in a week.

we have been watching the American version of the Office a lot lately -- i think maybe a little too much. i am starting to identify with characters in that show more than i would like. i think i am also developing some sort of combination of my girlfriend and Pam in my head. sometimes i can't tell the two apart. time for a break.

i just read a pretty succinct entry on "slacktivist" about "christian bookstores." if you want to read it, go here:

http://slacktivist.typepad.com/slacktivist/2007/02/teetotalist_gif.html

i am trying to be less cynical, more patient, more quiet, a better listener. these things are also like artichokes. (what?)

trying, failing, trying, failing, trying,
dan

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about watching a TV show too much.

the past few days, my sister and I have been vegetating on the couch, watching every episode of Grey's Anatomy.
now, everything I think about has some weird connection to some aspect of that show.

it's time for a break for me, too.

hope to see you in philly in march! =)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you can never watch too much of the office.

don't know if you remember me ... jeff boian, friend of matt willis and chris armstrong ... from chico

anyhoo ... just recently wrote a piece about christian bookstores as well. check it out - http://boianwords.blogspot.com/2007/01/just-because-its-sold-in-christian-book.html

can't wait for the new album. liking what i hear so far. have a great tour.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way....your in Yuba City!!!!!!!
So thats totally where I'm from..I'm goig to school right now up in Weed Ca, but that is totally crazy that you are in my home town right now. So is it just you or the whole band Sherwood there? And what's Joe's last name? Well I wish you all the best on the tour with Relient K! God bless,
~Courtney

3:51 PM  
Blogger Cornelius said...

I like artichokes.

Here's Dallas Willard on the discipline of silence:

When we stop talking we abandon ourselves to reality and to God. We position ourselves to attend rather than to adjust things with our words. We stop our shaping and negotiating, or "spinning." How much of our energy goes into that! We let things stand. We trust God with what others shall think.

9:28 PM  
Blogger erwin said...

Hello Dan,
I just wanted to share this:

I think it was almost two years ago, when I chaperoned my cousin and her friend to see Daphne Loves Derby / This Providence / Forgive Durden / and Sherwood (!) in Seattle. Though I never heard of Sherwood, I really took notice of you guys because you really rocked!! Not only that, I love how you guys interacted with us, the crowd, and even though the sound system wasn't the greatest, you guys still rocked with a passion! I've been a fan of Sherwood ever since, and I'm glad your current tour has a stop in Seattle in April. I'll definately be there.. the live show experience is such a treat. Thanks for the wonderful music!

Oh and one more thing, I commend you for being one of the most approachable and friendliest band members of any band (when you were selling cds and interacting with fans after the show). You're awesome!

Wow, I sound like a total brown-noser.

Anyway, thanks again, and keep up the good work!

-E

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha!
i sometimes develop crushes and imaginary friendships with characters from the office.
i often refer to steve as if he were an old friend.
being that ive yet to watch past episode 3 of this season and that im going to meet you tomorrow, i feel the need to catch up tonight.
we will have things to talk about :)
yay!
and thanks for motivating me.

< brittani 3

p.s.
I just realized how sincerely sad it was that i just thanked you for motivating me to watch a television show.
my my..

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home